Ayiti.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lasts.

I had the opportunity to go the beach today for the last time while in Haiti this summer.

It was wonderful.

I discovered my favorite Haitian beverage..


..enjoyed an American treat with a fellow American..


..went on a little boat ride..


..drank from a coconut..


..and hung out with some great friends!

As my summer is wrapping up, I'm experiencing quite a few 'lasts' while here in Haiti.  I went to my last Haitian church service this morning and went to the beach for the last time this afternoon.  Tomorrow starts my last week in the clinic, where I will work with the doctors, nurses, and patients for the last time this summer.  I'll attend my last physicians' conference and make my final visit to a Haitian market.  I'll experience my last Haitian sunrise, sunset, and starry night sky; I'll be eating my last Haitian meal and 'speaking' my last bit of Creole.  And I'll have to say my last goodbyes.

I don't think I'm ready for any of these 'lasts'.



No comments:

Post a Comment