Ayiti.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Expectations.

When I landed in Port-au-Prince in June, I had several expectations regarding my summer.

I expected to meet new people.
I expected the temperature to be insane.
I expected to learn and see and experience so many new things.

But, I didn't expect for my heart to break so badly for God's people.

I never could have imagined all that I was able to do in the clinic.  And what I learned about medicine and patient care is so much more than I have in all of my shadowing and volunteering.

I did not think I would leave with a renewed understanding of what is important in life.

I had no idea I would spend forty hours of my week doing something that never felt like work.

God was constantly working on my heart and mind.  He was reworking my ideas regarding everything - my life, dreams, future, relationships, family.  I prayed for Him to do a work in my life, but this was more than I ever imagined.

I didn't think it would hurt so much to board the plane to return to the States.

I didn't expect to fall in love with Haiti and its people.

And I didn't expect to lose myself and find myself at the same time.

---
With this final post in my summer series, I would like to share that I will be taking a break from blogging for an indefinite amount of time.  
Thank you for reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment