Ayiti.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Goat.

Last night, I learned how to make bannann peze, which are twice fried plantains and super fun to make.


And this is my fearless teacher:


And this is the BEST meal that I've had in Haiti thus far.  I don't know all of the Haitian names, but we have bannann peze, mais moulin (corn meal type stuff) with a bean sauce (that is made with coconut milk) and GOAT in a Creole sauce.  


It was such a nice way to spend my last night - with good friends, fellowship, and food!

Goat:  


The above picture only exists because of the picture below.  It's one of my mom's favorite pictures of me and she wanted another picture with a goat.  I don't remember if she said a living goat or a dead goat...oh, well.


Alright friends, next time you will hear from me I'll be stateside.  


No comments:

Post a Comment